Program/University Overview: ISTITUTO EUROPEO
Website of Program/University: www.istitutoeuropeo.it
Unique Aspects of Program: Study and live in Florence while improving your language skills and enjoying the culture.
Country and/or City Information: n/a
Admission Requirements: 2.75 GPA
Students have the following course options:
- 2 courses in Italian + 3 Humanities courses
- 3 courses in Italian + 2 Humanities courses
A sample of the humanities courses offered:
- History of Florentine Architecture
- 20th Century Europe
- History of Modern Italy: From Unification to the Present
- History of the Mafia
- Survey of Italian Literature
- History of Italian Cinema
- Christian Florence: Images, Texts and Monuments about Sainthood and Spirituality
- Drawing Beginning Life Drawing
- Beginning Oil Painting
Prerequisites (if any): None
Students can choose to live with a family (meals and laundry service included) or stay in student apartments (no meals included). Students are responsible for these fees once in Florence (approximately $2000-2500 per semester).
If you are a student at one of the US Lasallian universities or colleges, you will remain enrolled at your school and pay tuition and program fees there. Tuition is based on your campus tuition rates and may include an additional surcharge depending on the program. Contact the person on your campus responsible for study abroad.
Scholarship Information: Contact the person on your campus responsible for study abroad.
October 15 for Spring semester
March 15 for Fall semester
Must complete Lasallian Consortium application. [If applicable, please submit specific application forms for the program.]
An alternate information contact:
Mrs. Elly Mons - Coordinator Study Abroad Programs
tel. 718- 862-7527